Built and launched in 1868 from Cleveland, Ohio, the St. Albans was a proud steam screw with a length of 136 feet and a beam of 26 feet. She saw just over a decade of service hauling passengers and cargo throughout the southern Great Lakes. In January of 1881, the St. Albans was...

Read More

Built and launched in 1921 from Sturgeon Bay as a steam screw, the M.H. Stuart was designed primarily as a fruit boat. With a length of 105 feet and a beam of 26 feet, the Stuart was outfitted with a scotch boiler and fireboxes that had been salvaged from the J.S. Crouse. The...

Read More

Launched proudly in in 1890 at West Bay City, Michigan, the Employee’s Mutual Benefit Association(EMBA) was originally names the A.C. Tuxbury and was a three-masted schooner 171 feet in length with a beam of 33 feet. Designed as a tow barge, and saw over three decades of faithful service on the Great Lakes...

Read More

Built and launched in 1873 at Saginaw, Michigan, the three masted canal schooner, Grace Channon was 140 feet long with a beam of 26 feet and a gross tonnage of 265 tons. She was lost a mere 4 years later in 1877 while captained by Simon Murray. On that fateful day, the Channon...

Read More

Launched in 1908 from Buffalo, The Gillen Tug was originally christened the Erastus K. Knight. She would undergo another name change before becoming the Gillen Tug nearly six decades later. After over 70 years of faithful service to the Great Lakes, the GIllen Tug went down during a strain test of her winch...

Read More

Built in 1912 and launched from Green Bay, Wisconsin, Dredge #6 or also known as Dredge 906 was owned and operated by Fitz Simmons and Connell. While the dredge was designed for light harbor work, she often was tasked with jobs out on the open waters of the Great Lakes. Dredge #6 saw...

Read More

Built and launched by the American Shipbuilding Company of Cleveland, Ohio in 1902, the Milwaukee was a robust train ferry with a length of well over 300 feet and a weight approaching 3000 gross tons. She served the Great Lakes proudly for closing in on three decades when she ultimately met her fate...

Read More

Built and launched in 1948 as a proud product of the Norwegian shipbuilding industry, the Prins Willem V made a voyage to the Great Lakes to serve as an oil screw, hauling commodities like gas and oil, leather, engines, and appliances. Initially her keel was laid in 1939 but her building was delayed...

Read More