Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about our Charters?
Look below at our FAQ, or Contact Us if you still need help.
Why DAN?Why should you buy DAN Insurance? Quite simply, peace of mind. Double Action Dive Charters encourages all their divers to purchase a DAN membership before they do any diving. The benefits of a DAN Membership include emergency medical evacuation assistance through DAN TravelAssist, a subscription to ALERT DIVER magazine and access to DAN's insurance service.
- $100,000 Medical Evacuation Coverage
- Alert Diver Magazine
- Access to Dive Accident Insurance
- Online Safety Seminar
Certification Card, Regulator, BCD, 2 Tanks, Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Exposure Protection, Dive Boots, Save a Dive Kit, Dive Lights, Food/Drinks, Cutting Device, Weights, Wreck Reel, Signal Marker Buoy, UW Camera, Hood & Gloves Bring Completed Liability Release - CLICK HERE TO PRINT Notes:
- Be sure to have all equipment you need to dive and do NOT rely on equipment to be on the boat.
- You may want to bring Dramamine or Sea Sickness pills as the lake can make people who “have grown up on the water” end up feeding the fish. You want a fun trip and sea sickness is NO FUN.
- Please also dress for the weather that is and could be. The lake can be cold, hot, rainy, or dry and you will be miles from shore so come prepared and check the weather reports.
- Respect the size of the boat and only bring things that you may need and pack small. Checking your equipment 2 nights before your dives is highly recommended to ensure you have everything you need and it is working properly.
- Bring your Certification Card on EVERY dive Trip. No card, No dive. This is for the Coast Guard and we are strict on this rule!
- Be sure you are diving within your training. You are responsible for having the proper certification for the diving you will do. (deep, wreck penetration, drysuit, night).
- You should also not be trying out new equipment or making major equipment changes. These are the dives you bought the best equipment for and the reason you did all your training. This is not the time to learn how to use your gear or do these dives (unless you are doing training with an Instructor). Make sure that you have the proper certifications for the dive you are planning. Plan your Dive and Dive your Plan! Not being able to dive due to a forgotten mask or other equipment is not grounds for a refund. Refunds will ONLY be given if there is an issue with the boat or weather. Rain does not cancel a trip, only the captain does. Get ready to have a great time diving some of the best wrecks on Lake Michigan and Lake Huron!
Download a Check List
Looking for a private charter for you and your friends? You can book the whole boat at a reduced rate. Whether it is diving or just a day or night on the water, our Boats are available for your excursion with an experienced Captain! Day or Night Boat Rides Great for fireworks, Air & Water Show, or anything else on the lake. Includes all gas, captain, fruit, and water. Diving Looking for a private charter with your friends? Whether you have 2 people or a large group, our boats are available. Contact us about getting your group out on a boat for a private day, weekend, or week! Private Trips Pricing varies depending on location. Call or email for help with your adventure Don’t see a trip you want to do? Simply CONTACT us to get a custom quote for your trip!
One of the Best places to look for a buddy is the Double Action Dive Charters Facebook Page. Make sure to like the page to stay tuned on other last minute dive opportunities on Lake Michigan and Lake Huron! Quite often diver's discuss our charters and make arrangements for buddies on our Partner's page, Dive Right In Scuba. So remember to check there for potential new friends. Login to Scubaboard to meet new friends from all over the world! There are tons of Scuba Fans that are looking to dive the Great Lakes! See who is coming out to dive, and meet some new people on your Dive Charter. For all your Technical Diving needs, check out The Deco Stop! Look for new trips as we head up north for deeper Technical Diving WreckView Our Partners
CURRENTLY, RENTAL GEAR IS NOT AVAILABLE ON ANY OF OUR CHARTERS THROUGH DOUBLE ACTION. We recommend contacting a local dive shop near the boat or one of our partners as some of them offer delivery service to the boats. If you need help sourcing equipment, we can point you in the right direction. Just give us a call, and press the appropriate extension to reach the captain at that lake who will suggest where to go.